Every behaviour problem is unique
Taking a behaviour history is the first and most important step towards solving a behaviour problem.
- Defining the behaviour problem
- What triggers the behaviour problem
- How has the behaviour problem developed over time
The next step is to determine the factors involved in the development and maintenance the behaviour problem.
- What happens immediately following the behaviour
- How is the behaviour adaptive to the dog
Finally, we can devise a plan for change based on the specific problem,
the individual dog and the environment where the behaviour problem occurs.
- Mananging the problem
- Teaching more adaptive coping skills
- Changing the behavioural response in the given context